Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sorry, I can't talk right now I am lost in my imagination


Last night I started Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  I read for 6 hours straight and finished the whole thing.  I can’t remember the last time I did that. I should read more often, it exercises the imagination. And this book literally had my heart pounding.  If you haven’t read it yet, go to the nearest store, buy it, and block out the next few hours of your life.

It’s like The Gladiator + My Side of the Mountain!  My mind was blown.  I forgot how much I love reading about people living off the land.  When I was younger, I was going to run away to the mountains and go live in a tree thanks to Sam Gribley, even had a napsack packed once but couldn't find a stick.  I am not much of a wilderness girl on the outside, but I definitely fancy a good adventure. 

The protagonist is a strong, clever young woman and, in my imagination, good looking too.  Everyone in my imagination is beautiful I wouldn’t waste time dreaming up mediocrity.  Also, I favor a female protagonist so even Sam Gribley became a girl so I could imagine myself as the main character.  The book has everything I have been looking for lately in a good read: drama, romance, action, humor, etc. I’m glad I decided on this one.  She even gets a personal stylist at one point, who I can totally imagine to be someone like Santino Rice. 
Don’t worry I won’t give anything away, but you should definitely read it!!! I’m off to start book number 2…

No comments:

Post a Comment